Mark Natirboff, partner in the Jacksonville office, is an experienced litigator who has practiced law in Orlando, Miami, and Jacksonville, with litigation experience in both eminent domain and other civil actions. He brings international perspective to the practice of law, having worked in Moscow, Washington, New York and lived in England, France, Switzerland, Egypt, Sudan, and Kenya. Mr. Natirboff graduated from the University of Florida (B.A., 1985), and received a JD with Honors from the University of Florida College of Law. He has also lectured on private property rights and historic preservation law.Areas of Practice
Eminent Domain, Inverse Condemnation, Property Rights Litigation, Regulatory TakingsPrior Professional Experience
- Represented private property owners in eminent domain actions throughout Florida, including cases in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Monroe, Okeechobee, Volusia, Orange, Lee, Duval, Nassau, Alachua, Marion and Sarasota Counties.
- Represented private property owners in inverse condemnation actions.
- Represented private property owners against the government in redevelopment of the Daytona Beach Boardwalk.
- Successfully represented five businesses in Miami Dade County, as lead counsel in inverse condemnation cases that went to trial. Artilles, et al. v. Miami-Dade County, Rafi et al. v. Miami-Dade County, Pinera et al. v. Miami-Dade County, and OK U-Take Used Auto Parts, Inc., et al. v. Miami-Dade County.
- Successfully represented through trial, as co-counsel, multiple property owners in inverse condemnation actions against the South Florida Water Management District in Okeechobee County. Clemons v. SFWMD, Corona v. SFWMD, and Fulford v. SFWMD.
- Co-counsel in a case where the government took property from an apartment complex for a road widening in Jacksonville, Florida. The case proceeded through jury trial where the jury returned a verdict approximately 16 times larger than the government’s initial offer to the property owners. JTA v. Dunes Apartments, LTD.
- Part of the Brigham Moore legal team that successfully defeated the taking of one of the most prime pieces of real estate in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Fort Lauderdale v. Coolidge South Market Equities.
- University of Florida, B.A., J.D. with Honors, 1997
- Florida Eminent Domain Practice and Procedure, Seventh Edition, Co-Author, Chapter 17, 2008
- Inverse Condemnation and Public Dedication, Speaker, Eminent Domain Committee Meeting,The Florida Bar, 2007
- Discovery Abuses, Speaker, Eminent Domain Committee Meeting,The Florida Bar, 2007
- Eminent Domain Power in Florida: What the Government Must Do Before the Suit, Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association Magazine, Sept./Oct. 2007
- Inverse Condemnation and Public Dedication Offers, Author & Speaker, CLE International Eminent Domain Super Conference, 2006
- Establishing Just Compensation for Unique and Special Purpose Properties, Co-Author, ALI-ABA Eminent Domain and Land Valuation Litigation Conference, 2005.
- Private Property Rights and Historic Preservation, Speaker, Nelson Symposium on Historic Preservation, 2003.
- Creating an Adaptive Management Plan in the Everglades System, Co-Author, University of Florida College of Law, Center for Governmental Responsibility, 1997
- Florida’s Population Growth and the Environment, Author, Journal of the Public Interest Environmental Conference, 1997.
- Mr. Natirboff, his wife Laura, and their six children (including twins) enjoy Bible study, boating, coral reefs, fishing and sports.